.::AquariumPros.ca::. - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Sohal Tang is offline Sohal Tang

Holy #%*@, you should see my hydro bill!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Overdrive

Level

Wink Who runs aquarium pros and owns it???

The gents name is AJ... I have met him...in person and had a war with him on the phone for 2 hours fencing back and forth and I am an irishman that does not back down from a good argument..especially when I think I'm right.
    Well... AJ taught me something that day....here is what I learned after talking to him for 2 hours
    1. I earned respect for a guy that I was losing respect for like THE MASSES... AND REALIZED it was a total misunderstanding and that you cannotttttt judge people over the internet...typing is NOT the same as talking.
    2. I learned that AJ has probably more knowledge about our reef's and their true needs then 99% of the people that are currently on forms such as GTA (no offence GTA we love ya...but..fact remains)
    3. I learned that AJ GIVES A **** about the animals and wants you to have success not for *you* but for *them*...not a bad angle....
    4. I learned that his father is a marine biologist...hec hem..you think he has learned a thing or two?
    5. I learned AJ is a computer major geek pro and that is why his board rules seem a bit more complicated for the average user...not to make it complicated but to make it *BETTER* in his eyes....and I learned he was right
    after I listened to the method in his madness for two hours....we started off fighting...went to wrestling...went to comparing scars...to earning respect for each other that will last a lifetime...period!!! talking better then typing!!!!

So....if you want to know... I am hereby giving this guy TOP CUDOS as to being an amazing board owner....I have ultmate respect for a guy that an old timer like me looked down upon due to his ear ring when I first met him about
    15 years ago...( I since have learned to accept today's youth and their crazy purple hair and nose rings...not meeeee baby..but its ok...its ok..lolol ) I thought mmmmm kids!!!!!!! Learned later...GREAT YOUNG MAN!!!!!!!!!

love ya AJ and miss your board rocking...we will get it back rocking..THE TRUTH IS...BEST BOARD THERE HAS EVER BEEN IN CANADA BYYYYYYYY FARRRRRRRR NOOOOOO QUESTIONNNNNN!!!!!

cHEERS LADDY! hOPE your having fun and well Buddy! Thousands upon thousands LEARNED from this board..CUT THEIR TEETH and then some on this board and then DESERTED....they WILL COME BACK...there is

as Donald Trump would say.. "a MOVEMENT' hahohaohaohoahoah Ooops...we just cannot get into THATTTTTTTTTTTT DISCUSSION! lolol

Tim

Set up date: July 2014 Display Size: 100 gallon Total Water In System: 82 gallons Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 120lbs of figi/marshall island Depth of Sandbed: 1 inch very coarse Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 11.00 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 480
    ATI T5x6 Plus 3 kessils and a reefbrite Bubbleking 180 No, GHL triple doser instead!
    Fish and Inverts: purple tang, desjardini tang, kole tang, red flame hawk, sixline, 4 firefish, tons of inverts, Corals: harmmers, torches, that's it so far...recent set up. SPS to be added very soon.
    Other Equipment: Geo Carbon reactor, GEO Kalkwasser reactor, Bubble Magus 3 doser, Apex Controller Other Information: reef was set up this past October...new set up...1/3 the size of my last tank...loving it but miss the 13 tangs that I had! and miss the 8ft length I had. This one is sooo easier to maintain however...cakewalk.
    "My God Reefs are Gorgeous!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouXa_RfHgtA

trigger is offline Trigger

Can seriously discuss consistency of skimmate
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level

Re: Who runs aquarium pros and owns it???

AP rocks. nice Tim that your review of AP speaks highly of AJ. I have had pleasure of meeting with him on several occasions.
    As I started reefing AP has been the backbone for learning & support for me. Saving me numerous amounts of money selling and buying goods over the years through the classifieds has been my saving grace. The forum members are outstanding and always a pleasure to deal with. Trading & selling started here for me long before KIJIJI had it's name. The knowledge gained here is priceless & thanks to AJ it has been a pleasure to be a forum member.

Set up date: December 2014 Display Size: 120 Total Water In System: 180 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 160 Depth of Sandbed: 4" Salinity level: 1.024
    ALK level: n/a Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: n/a
    Fluval Sea Vertex Omega 150 none
    Fish and Inverts: 1 common pair of clowns, one black one orange. Sail fin tang, Regal Tank, Yellow Tang, Cardinal, Stary Blemmie, Purple dottyback, 3 anthis, blue chromis. Conch, urchin Corals: Mixed Reef no SPS
    Other Equipment: Aquasafe 6 stage

Achievements:

Level
    Threadstarter

Thanks Trig...I truly miss the old days..there seemed to be SOOOOO many more KNOWLEDGEABLE AND passionate people in the hobby and ALLLLLL of them were on AP...almost ALL of the time!
    Here we are 10 years later and someone talked them into jumping ship lololol thasss ok... I am sure they will come back when they realize I am right and that for most of the senior reefers in the province
    they learned the mosssst about the hobby on AP.... AJ truly super guy! But he is not stupid and not a sucker and he does not let people tell him how to run his business...can't blame the guy....
    But he is truly outstanding reefer and loves the animals more then anyone I had met on his own board darn near... miss him...miss the ACTION that was on this board that WILL BE again shortly...there is a MOVEMENT did you hear Trig?

Set up date: July 2014 Display Size: 100 gallon Total Water In System: 82 gallons Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 120lbs of figi/marshall island Depth of Sandbed: 1 inch very coarse Salinity level: 1.025
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 480
    ATI T5x6 Plus 3 kessils and a reefbrite Bubbleking 180 No, GHL triple doser instead!
    Fish and Inverts: purple tang, desjardini tang, kole tang, red flame hawk, sixline, 4 firefish, tons of inverts, Corals: harmmers, torches, that's it so far...recent set up. SPS to be added very soon.
    Other Equipment: Geo Carbon reactor, GEO Kalkwasser reactor, Bubble Magus 3 doser, Apex Controller Other Information: reef was set up this past October...new set up...1/3 the size of my last tank...loving it but miss the 13 tangs that I had! and miss the 8ft length I had. This one is sooo easier to maintain however...cakewalk.

Studjunior is offline Registered User

Believes sushi would be better alive,
    swimming in the aquarium
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Social Veteran

Level

Well said Tim!!!

Set up date: October 2014 Display Size: 5 Gallons Total Water In System: 5 Gallons Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 3 LB Depth of Sandbed: None Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 0 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 0
    LED - Don't know details None No
    Fish and Inverts: 2 Grade A Picasso Clownfish Corals: Orange mushrooms, RBTA,
    Other Equipment: MJ 1200 Other Information: New 240g build http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=47533

Achievements:

Level
    Threadstarter

Thanks Studjunior....just being honest... I hope to get some vetran reefers to be honest to and know that its time to REVIVE AP...that does not have to hurt GTA or any other board but its time to REVIVE AP...
    There is a movement starting...I have spoken to a few people and every single one of them has agreed with me...they loved AP but ...just wanted a bit of a change and *NEW* is always a fun thing...well they are
    kinda bored they are telling me compared to the old days of AP ...so...they are on board to BRING IT BACK...THE MOVEMENT HASSSSS STARTED....Hope you can help Stud! Thanks, Tim

ShipWreck is offline Does it come bigger!

Nothing has died this month.
    This hobby is a piece of cake!
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Flashball Champion Photohunt Champion
    Level

Who runs aquarium pros and owns it???

Some of us are still around from the good old days. Been a member here for 12 years.
    Last edited by ShipWreck; January 26th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

Set up date: January 2013 Display Size: 400G Total Water In System: TBD Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 300-400lbs Depth of Sandbed: 2 Salinity level: 1.024
    ALK level: ? Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: ?
    Under Investigation Reeflo Orca 250 TBD
    Fish and Inverts: TBD Corals: TBD
    Other Equipment: OM 8way, Sequence Dart, 2x OM Surge Closed loops, Reefkeeper Elite Net Controllers.

Achievements:

Level
    Threadstarter

Then you KNOWWWW exactly what I am talking about I hope ShipWreck....please help me spread the word of the MOVEMENT to MAKE AP GREAT AGAIN!!! lololol only TRUMP is not the leader..AJ IS who is a very decent guy!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Tim

cliff717 is offline Registered User

Tank is cycling. Can I buy a Moorish Idol yet?
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures Veteran Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points

Level

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

U will never get this forum back unless u ease up on the crazy crazy rules.
    NO ONE wants to b banned because their profile is not up to date or because they have too many tangs in their tank for one persons liking. Unless u r gonna change how this forum is run; no use wasting your time trying to get people back ( I will prob get a warning just for writing this lol )

Set up date: April 2011 Display Size: 40 Total Water In System: 80 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 100 lbs fiji,tonga, mixed Depth of Sandbed: 2 inches Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 11 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 5 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 450
    2 ai sol led euro reef rs 250 No
    Fish and Inverts: 2 clowns, hermit crabs, pistol shrimp/yasha gobie. Corals: pink tiped anemone,pink stary polip, green stary polip,colt, hammer, frog spawn,crazy frogspawn, candy cane,acans, acros ,mixed zoo's, ricordia ,
    Other Equipment: Rs250 skimmer ai sol led's 2 mak40 returns Jäger heaters

Achievements:

Level
    Threadstarter

Anyone that got banned did not necessarily get banned for the reason given to them...if you know what I mean...I am sure if AJ banned them they had it comin....but does not mean if they did not send him a PM with apology that he would not reinstate either...The rules were FIRM but FAIR. and .sure a bit crazy..;.but they are EASY to follow...why not follow them>?

MichaelVance is offline Registered User

Just recently rented "Finding Nemo"
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Level

The RULLLLEZZZZZ are faiirrrrrrrr. You won't get bannnnnnedddddd for no reasonnnnnnn. AJ is FAIRRRRR. AP is the besttttttttttt>!!!

Set up date: May Display Size: 180 Total Water In System: 300 Do you have a sump? NO
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 300 lbs mixed Depth of Sandbed: 6" Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 9 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 420
    3 400 W DE MH Bubble King 200 no
    Fish and Inverts: gem tang, picasso clownfish, bi colour blenny, royal gramma, purple firefish Corals: mixed sps, lps

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information