.::AquariumPros.ca::. - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you want to see AP come back to its Glory Days?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

3 16.67%
  • Maybe

1 5.56%
  • I really could care less

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    cobs00 is offline Constantine

Has scars from MH burns and
    recent tang attack
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level

Lets get AP back on the GRID!

Hey Everyone,

This attempt may be too far gone but I believe there is still hope!

It really saddens me to see AP inactive. This is where I got my first real dose of the aquarium culture and community over 10 years ago.

I made many friendships, acquired a wealth of information, was inspired to start 2 aquarium businesses, went on a few road trips with fellow hobbyists and overall contributed to the love of the hobby.

On top of all that, AP introduced me to the incredible sponsors we had and currently have.

I miss those days. I feel that we can get that back to where it was. YES I know there is other web sites out there but quite frankly they don't hold a candle to what AP used to be....a salt water only community.

Let's start a poll on who wants to see AP back. Lets see where this can go!

Set up date: January 2005 Display Size: 65 Total Water In System: 170 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 250lbs Depth of Sandbed: 0 inches Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 11 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 420
    XM 10 K ON HAMILTON BALLAST EuroReef No
    Fish and Inverts: Clown fish Cardinal 6 Line Wrasse Assorted snails and crabs Corals: Softies, Lps, Sps
    Other Equipment: Maxi-Jets Ro/DI init Wave Maker

steve w. is offline aFISHionado

Tangs don't belong in an aquarium
    ........except mine.
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level

Re: Lets get AP back on the GRID!

As I mentioned in a previous post; forums may never rival social media again. The idea of liking, sharing and groups. That said, this site has been an overwhelming educational source. I still do check now and then, I hope others will also.

Cheers

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2017 at 04:27 PM ----------

To add, maybe AJ should start a facebook business page with a link back to this site. Old can be new.

Just saying.

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2017 at 04:29 PM ----------

That said, maybe AJ should think about starting a facebook business page with a link back to this site. Old can be new.

Set up date: Over Ten Years Ago Display Size: 100 Total Water In System: 150 gallon Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 90 Depth of Sandbed: 2 Salinity level: 1024
    ALK level: 9dkh Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0-5 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 400
    MH+T5's corallife NO
    Fish and Inverts: 4 Tangs,Domino Damsels,Foster's Hawkfish. Soft Coral. Corals: Softies
    Other Equipment: Phosban and two carbon reactors. UV sterilizer RODI Phyto farm Other Information: No

100 gal. reef tank
    Naso,Yellow,Salefin and Purple Tangs, Domino Damsel and Fosters Hawkfish.
    65gallon fuge in basement,
    meg 24 return,2 phosban reactors,18w uv+coralife skimmer
    r.o.d.i.
    620watts 400w 20k, 4x54wT5
    HK powerheads
    lots of live and diy rock
    coral(softies)
    assorted inverts,clams.

See me on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/WrightWebPhoto
    http://wrightwebphoto.com

cobs00 is offline Constantine

Has scars from MH burns and
    recent tang attack
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level
    Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by steve w. View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous post; forums may never rival social media again. The idea of liking, sharing and groups. That said, this site has been an overwhelming educational source. I still do check now and then, I hope others will also.

Cheers

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2017 at 04:27 PM ----------

To add, maybe AJ should start a facebook business page with a link back to this site. Old can be new.

Just saying.

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2017 at 04:29 PM ----------

That said, maybe AJ should think about starting a facebook business page with a link back to this site. Old can be new.
    Hey Steve!

This thread is working....it has already re-united us...lol.

I firmly believe we can get the community back up an running to it's glory days.

BTW, here is the Facebook Page link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2239449733/

Set up date: January 2005 Display Size: 65 Total Water In System: 170 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 250lbs Depth of Sandbed: 0 inches Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 11 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 420
    XM 10 K ON HAMILTON BALLAST EuroReef No
    Fish and Inverts: Clown fish Cardinal 6 Line Wrasse Assorted snails and crabs Corals: Softies, Lps, Sps
    Other Equipment: Maxi-Jets Ro/DI init Wave Maker

swissgaurd is offline Im a Contributer

........except mine.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Financial Contributor

Level

im in

vic

Set up date: November 2011 Display Size: 60"x36"x24"=225 Total Water In System: 152 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? NO Amount of Liverock: 100LBS MARCO ROCK,20 LBS JACKARTA ROCK Depth of Sandbed: 4" Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 8 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 450
    two 200w, 3w led's, 700mA, 90 degree optics, 2-1 blue to white ratio bubble magus curve 7 yes,mtc
    Fish and Inverts: 1 sea cucumber,70 trochus snails,2 serpant stars,1 brittle star,100 nassurious snails ,PURPLE TANG,REGAL TANG,YELLOW TANG,SCRIBBLED RABBIT,C-QUEST ONYX CLOWNS,REGULAR ONYX CLOWNS,CORAL BEUTY,GREEN CHROMIS,,SWISSGAURD BASSLET Corals: frogspawn,,xenia,candycane ,zoos mainly SPS
    Other Equipment: Kalk reactor, osmallator, .mp40 vortech,microb-blend. REDSEA and REEFCRYSTALS SALT.,WP 40 Other Information: going back to old school methods.

Sohal Tang is offline Sohal Tang

Holy #%*@, you should see my hydro bill!
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Overdrive

Level

AP has been the BEST Reef board ever always!!!! A few disgruntled people had a movement to leave and sheep followed!

AJ knows more about reefing then 20 combined on other boards! His father was a marine biologist..is that serious enough?

I agree that some of the restrictions on this board are debatable but after all it ISSSSSS AJ's board and you would run yourrrr board the way you wanted.....

I spoke at length with AJ one time...we DUKED IT OUT on the phone...at the end of the 2 hour call..I had MUCH respect for the man that I did not have before the call..

SUCCESSFUL CONVERSATION is what its all about.....

AP is the BEST BOARD I feel....and always has been...my opinion...and I am a reefer since 1989 !!!!!! 27 years! and into saltwater since 1975 !!!!! Seen it all and done most and kept most!

Reef Central is dynomite also but AP has been very very good for me and *many* AWESOME REEFERS that I know....

Thanks again AJ for starting this board and keeping it running even when people do not appreciate.... their loss as far as I am concerned...

Cheers all Reefers!

Tim
    aka : Sohal Tang. :-)
    Last edited by Sohal Tang; January 3rd, 2017 at 08:39 PM.

Set up date: July 2014 Display Size: 100 gallon Total Water In System: 82 gallons Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 120lbs of figi/marshall island Depth of Sandbed: 1 inch very coarse Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 11.00 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 480
    ATI T5x6 Plus 3 kessils and a reefbrite Bubbleking 180 No, GHL triple doser instead!
    Fish and Inverts: purple tang, desjardini tang, kole tang, red flame hawk, sixline, 4 firefish, tons of inverts, Corals: harmmers, torches, that's it so far...recent set up. SPS to be added very soon.
    Other Equipment: Geo Carbon reactor, GEO Kalkwasser reactor, Bubble Magus 3 doser, Apex Controller Other Information: reef was set up this past October...new set up...1/3 the size of my last tank...loving it but miss the 13 tangs that I had! and miss the 8ft length I had. This one is sooo easier to maintain however...cakewalk.
    "My God Reefs are Gorgeous!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouXa_RfHgtA

doug is offline Registered User

Believes sushi would be better alive,
    swimming in the aquarium
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level

The reason people left is pretty straight forward because of what you mention

I agree that some of the restrictions on this board are debatable but after all it ISSSSSS AJ's board and you would run yourrrr board the way you wanted.....

even when the board was active I would barely post usually only used the classified ,,, because if you did not agree with his methodology (which many times I did not) you would quickly see what happened to people and quite honestly I dont need to be involved in a stupid argument

Set up date: October 2011 Display Size: 75 Total Water In System: 90 Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? NO Amount of Liverock: 40lbs Depth of Sandbed: 2" Salinity level: 1.024
    ALK level: 7.0 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    Vertex Illumina Bubble King 180 no
    Fish and Inverts: Cleaner Shrimp Percula Clowns Copperband Butterfly Corals: LPS SPS Softies
    Other Equipment: 4- Tunze 6055/controller Aquatronica Controller 250 watt heater Eheim 1262 return Current USA Chiller Bk 180 Skimmer
    Doug

steve w. is offline aFISHionado

........except mine.
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class Veteran Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points

Level

Thanks Constantine....just joined.

Set up date: Over Ten Years Ago Display Size: 100 Total Water In System: 150 gallon Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 90 Depth of Sandbed: 2 Salinity level: 1024
    ALK level: 9dkh Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0-5 Nitrite: 0
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 400
    MH+T5's corallife NO
    Fish and Inverts: 4 Tangs,Domino Damsels,Foster's Hawkfish. Soft Coral. Corals: Softies
    Other Equipment: Phosban and two carbon reactors. UV sterilizer RODI Phyto farm Other Information: No

100 gal. reef tank
    Naso,Yellow,Salefin and Purple Tangs, Domino Damsel and Fosters Hawkfish.
    65gallon fuge in basement,
    meg 24 return,2 phosban reactors,18w uv+coralife skimmer
    r.o.d.i.
    620watts 400w 20k, 4x54wT5
    HK powerheads
    lots of live and diy rock
    coral(softies)
    assorted inverts,clams.

See me on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/WrightWebPhoto
    http://wrightwebphoto.com

Achievements:

Level

I know how you feel Dougy! ITs a darn shame more people that were on AP did not actually MEET AJ... and really KNOW HIM... he is an absolutely SUPER GUY and EXTREEEEEMELY passionate about the hobby...
    His sometimes seemingly frustrated manner comes from GIVING A DAMN about the animal's lives.... I guess when you have been exposed to 60,000 people plus on your board (? haven't checked lately) it starts to
    wear your patience down... Not making excuses but I can tell you if more people truly knew AJ and had a good honest discussion with him the way I did...they would have a TON more of respect for him and not only
    that they would UNDERSTAND MUCH BETTER his responses and therefore be able to TOLERATE THEM much much better.

AJ can say want he wants to me now....I consider the source and that source is - super nice guy just trying to help ...truly help...our hobby....and our very sacred animals we keep.

Love the guy!

Tim

Set up date: July 2014 Display Size: 100 gallon Total Water In System: 82 gallons Do you have a sump? YES
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 120lbs of figi/marshall island Depth of Sandbed: 1 inch very coarse Salinity level: 1.025
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: 480
    ATI T5x6 Plus 3 kessils and a reefbrite Bubbleking 180 No, GHL triple doser instead!
    Fish and Inverts: purple tang, desjardini tang, kole tang, red flame hawk, sixline, 4 firefish, tons of inverts, Corals: harmmers, torches, that's it so far...recent set up. SPS to be added very soon.
    Other Equipment: Geo Carbon reactor, GEO Kalkwasser reactor, Bubble Magus 3 doser, Apex Controller Other Information: reef was set up this past October...new set up...1/3 the size of my last tank...loving it but miss the 13 tangs that I had! and miss the 8ft length I had. This one is sooo easier to maintain however...cakewalk.

MichaelVance is offline Registered User

Just recently rented "Finding Nemo"
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Level

I've met AJ and spoken with him many times. The way this board is run is an extension of his ego.

Let's move on to greener pastures. GTAA is open for business, it's way more active than AP, and there's no reason you can't forge new friendships there.

There's a reason AP died, and the same thing will happen again if it gets busy again; people won't follow the 800000 rules and everyone will get angry and leave.

Let's not help a bully make money by starting driving traffic here again.

Set up date: May Display Size: 180 Total Water In System: 300 Do you have a sump? NO
    Do you have a refugium? YES Amount of Liverock: 300 lbs mixed Depth of Sandbed: 6" Salinity level: 1.025
    ALK level: 9 Ammonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0
    3 400 W DE MH Bubble King 200 no
    Fish and Inverts: gem tang, picasso clownfish, bi colour blenny, royal gramma, purple firefish Corals: mixed sps, lps

Achievements:

Level

I disagree on greener pastures and I disagree that GTAA is more active....
    I think there is no reason that both boards cannot exist in harmony....this trying to steal participants from
    one board to the other I think is a drag. I think it is quite hypicritcal of the many people that truly benfitted from
    AP for years and years in one way or another (although they may not admit it) to **** all over AJ's board just because they want something easier or more user friendly and fresh.... I personally prefer Aquarium Pros all the way...although GTAA is fine also...
    The Software for example is no question far superior on the AP site.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVance View Post
    I've met AJ and spoken with him many times. The way this board is run is an extension of his ego.

Let's move on to greener pastures. GTAA is open for business, it's way more active than AP, and there's no reason you can't forge new friendships there.

There's a reason AP died, and the same thing will happen again if it gets busy again; people won't follow the 800000 rules and everyone will get angry and leave.

Let's not help a bully make money by starting driving traffic here again.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information