Sea MunnKey is offline Registered User

Has child with the middle name Acropora
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Tagger First Class Overdrive 25000 Experience Points

Level
    Threadstarter

Re: Where & How Often does anyone shop fro Corals?

Hawai'i is a heaven for viewing fish (snorkeling). Specific fish varies based on locations & islands and I really want to go back. Gotta get myself an underwater camera ... GoPro?

Set up date: August 2004 Display Size: 90 Gallon Total Water In System: 90 gallons Do you have a sump? NO
    Do you have a refugium? NO Amount of Liverock: 30++ lbs Depth of Sandbed: 1++ inch Salinity level: 1.026
    ALK level: To Come .. Ammonia: To Come .. Nitrate: N/A Nitrite: N/A
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: To Come ..
    ATI T5HO 6 (54W ATI Blue Plus & Coral Plus) Skimmerless ... for now Bubble Magus 3 Part Auto Dosing
    Fish and Inverts: P. Grandis, Palys & Zoas, Rainbow BTA's, Favia, Aussie Duncans, Chalices, various Euphyllias, various Gonioporas & Selected Acroporas. RARE Leathers, Xenia & Soft Corals combo. Juve Purple Tang & Pygmy Angel, Picasso & Wyoming clownfish Corals: Whatever's saved from the 2013 Ice Storm

D'ya Want A Piece of Me??

Back in Being Salty ...

Sea MunnKey is offline Registered User

Has child with the middle name Acropora
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Tagger First Class Overdrive 25000 Experience Points

Level
    Threadstarter

Re: Where & How Often does anyone shop fro Corals?

It's been a while and I've said all along that this hobby is really getting crazy with pricing for anything considered "Rainbow" or "multi colour" regardless of what the coral specimen is labelled. I totally disagree with directing corals with super actinic LED's that colour enhances the pigmentations of any given corals and most times they're very common corals which guarantees the potential buyer the "" factor. I've been caught or should I say "trapped" in this misleading showcasing a couple years back and since then I've learned my lesson (or should I say lessons ... ) when I came to realised that I've foolishly over paid for very common corals that looks like dull looking wasteland in my display tank.

When I first started out in this hobby I was always into "mushroom" corals but most lfs had very little interest in supplying them plus it was the age when suppliers/collectors haven't "discovered" the marketing hype & steep prices posted online by the US market. Back then the collectors/suppliers had standard pricing on most corals except when it requires bigger bags & water content and that all changed when they saw what the US guys were doing by labelling & charging for way more money on profit gain. That's when they decided to "up the ante" on so called multi coloured (commmon) corals utilizing actinic LED's & started charging way more than before. It has become a very expensive hobby and not including the initial start up costs to equipments etc. "Bubble" mushroom my arse
    "
    I've skipped a lot of readings on latest hype, new stuffs or dealing with online trollers who seem to think they know better & thrash talk about other lfs or reef members (as if that's going to do any damage to sales or hurt my feelings etc.) altogether and stick to my old reliable hardwares & knowledge. I don't experience the "rush" for any new coral arrivals & when i do view any nice online posted images and I say to myself ... "is that for real?" Gone is the drive for Coral Rush ... BUT there's always room for coral fetish regardless .. once in a while ... more comments next time!!!
    Last edited by Sea MunnKey; 6 Days Ago at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added more comments

Set up date: August 2004 Display Size: 90 Gallon Total Water In System: 90 gallons Do you have a sump? NO
    Do you have a refugium? NO Amount of Liverock: 30++ lbs Depth of Sandbed: 1++ inch Salinity level: 1.026
    ALK level: To Come .. Ammonia: To Come .. Nitrate: N/A Nitrite: N/A
    What lighting are you using? What skimmer are you using? Calcium Reactor? Calcium level: To Come ..
    ATI T5HO 6 (54W ATI Blue Plus & Coral Plus) Skimmerless ... for now Bubble Magus 3 Part Auto Dosing
    Fish and Inverts: P. Grandis, Palys & Zoas, Rainbow BTA's, Favia, Aussie Duncans, Chalices, various Euphyllias, various Gonioporas & Selected Acroporas. RARE Leathers, Xenia & Soft Corals combo. Juve Purple Tang & Pygmy Angel, Picasso & Wyoming clownfish Corals: Whatever's saved from the 2013 Ice Storm

D'ya Want A Piece of Me??

Back in Being Salty ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information